What is Myofascial Release?
- Hands on Manual Therapy
- Whole Body Approach
- Gentle compression, stretching, and holding of restricted connective tissue to encourage release of tight, tender and tense tissues.
- Myofascial release is a very effective, proven therapy that has been overlook by traditional healthcare. By releasing the fascial restrictions, the body begins to feel less pain, greater flexibility and increased function.
- is profoundly relaxing, and offers the possibility of hope again.
- provides longer lasting results than most traditional health care options
What are the benefits of Myofascial Release?
- decreased pain
- increased flexibility and strength
- results are long lasting and more permanent, not temporary like other forms of therapy
- opportunity to get your life back
- increased energy
- increased body awareness
- feeling more balanced physically, mentally and emotionally
What does Myofascial Release treat?
|Lower and Upper back pain||Chronic pain|
|Frozen Shoulder/Shoulder pain/Limited ROM||Joint pain/Wrist, Elbow, Knee Ankle pain|
|Stiff neck/Neck pain||Migraines/headaches|
|Carpal Tunnel||Hip and Pelvic pain|
|Post-traumatic syndrome||Chronic fatigue|
|Fibromyalgia – ask about article in Massage Magazine||Plantar fasciitis|
What is Fascia?
- is tough connective tissue with a tensile strength of 2000 lb’s per square inch (when restricted, causes intense pressure on nerves, muscles, and organs – feels like you are wearing a straight jacket!)
- an interconnected, uninterrupted sheath of tissue that runs throughout the body and connects everything
- surrounds organs, nerves, and blood vessels
- infuses muscle down to the cellular level
- restrictions cannot be seen on X-ray, CT scan, or MRI – often goes undiagnosed for years
What causes pain and dysfunction?
Trauma, be it physical or emotional, chronic poor posture, or inflammation creates tension in the fascia causing it to stiffen locally. But, because it is essentially an interconnected web, this then pulls into other areas much like when you pull the threads on a sweater causing all the other threads to reorganize along the lines of tension. This can create bizarre symptoms such as pain, tingling or burning some distance from the originally affected area as the strong fascia binds down on pain sensitive structures like nerves and blood vessels. The body loses it’s flexibility and orientation in space (balance) becomes compromised so it needs more energy just to stay upright and function. As this process continues the immune system may become compromised, stress may not be as easily managed, and chronic pain can set in.
What to expect from a session?
Treatment sessions include a review of pertinent medical history, visual assessment of posture and movement patterns, and tactile (touch) assessment and treatment of superficial and deep soft tissues.
Evaluation and treatment work best if I can see your body as well as place my hands on your skin. Usually, men wear boxer briefs or bring a pair of loose fitting shorts. For women, most wear either a bikini or sports bra and loose fitting shorts. Also, you always have the option to be draped under a sheet in your bra and underwear.
Please do not use any lotions, oils or perfumes on the day of your appointment. Your skin needs to be clean and dry for this technique.
I will do a very thorough hands-on evaluation of your posture and soft tissue, both while you’re standing and also once you are lying on the table. We will continue with MFR treatment for the remaining scheduled time. I may ask for feedback from you during treatment about connected areas felt during treatment.
What are your rates?
- Initial 120 minute appointment is $185.
- 30 minute session is $75.
- 60 minute session is $125.
- 90 minute session is $165.
I offer a $5 discount for cash/check
Do you have a cancellation policy?
Yes, I very much appreciated 24 hours notice. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full session. I allot a specific time for you and that time is valuable to me and each individual who needs this work. I respect your time and I expect the same in return. Thank you for your understanding.